Thursday, January 03, 2008

My Birth... (Poem, Part 2 of 2)

(By our Bhabi Ji, Raminder Kaur Ji)


Guru Ji saw the need for Sikhs to have a special Identity.
A way to distinguish them from other faiths.
Guru Ji gave Sikhs five Symbols:
Kesh, Kanghaa, Kirpan, Karrhaa and Kacheraa.
Each Symbol would help Sikhs,
help them to have a disciplined life style,
help them to always remember God.
Each male was given the title Singh.
Each female was given the title Kaur.
This was to help create equality among Sikhs.

I was humbled recalling the details of this historical event.
It made me even more pround to call myself a Sikh.
Without Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji,
I could not call myself Raminder Kaur.

I feel different now.
I feel part of a new family.
When I walk down the Street I present myself with more Pride.
I am more aware and conscious of my actions.
I feel inner peace.
I have been given strength to make it through life's quest,
My quest to reach God.

Most people cannot recall their birth,
I remember it as if it just happened yesterday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

HTML Hit Counters
HTML Hit Counters